These can be customised for your users software training or even certification needs and can be delivered online via a Learner Management System on intranet or internet.
Studies have increasingly proven that technology-based training can more effectively and efficiently achieve instructional goals.
Software Training by e-learning
- You have too many people to train and not enough trainers or classroom space to accommodate their needs.
- Your users are based all over the country or globe but your travel budget won't take your trainers far.
- Your staff are pressed for time. Taking them away from their jobs for traditional classroom training is prohibitive.
- Your new customers fail to grasp the big picture because it is buried inside your reference manuals.
- You require an electronic medium to provide Just-In-Time (JIT) and Just-Enough-Training (JET).
- You want to leverage your software products.
- Your customers / employees want training but you have neither the in-house talent nor the time to deliver.
How does this affect you?
Clearly then, there are a number of benefits for your clients to be had from this teaching medium. Though not an exhaustive list, here are some key benefits:
- Effective: studies show that this form of training is 30 percent more effective at skills transfer and retention than classroom training.
- Convenient: your clients can train in a place and a time suited to themselves.
- Price: your clients could pay for the tuition, saving on accommodation, subsistence, travel and opportunity.
- Free: you could provide it free of charge to your clients which serves to enhance your brand value.
- Support: during lectures, your client can network with their fellow-students and the facilitator.
- Exam preparation: frequent testing before and after courses enables your client to revise topics not fully understood.
As you plan for the year, consider web-based training as part of your customer training programs. The drop in the cost of good free learning management systems and the increase in the efficiency and reliability of web-based training, you can make a powerful case.